Sorry to just now be catching up on this wonderful adventure of mine, but I have been so busy finding out about what has been going on in my children's lives while gone, that this is my first chance to tell you about my travels! It was so wonderful to see my girlfriends Darlene and Erin! They are truly a delight to me and I am grateful to have them in my life, I just wish one of them wasn't so far away...hint, hint, D! All joking aside, we are all on the avenue meant for us and all are amazingly happy...praise God!
Darlene was nothing but a topnotch hostess while in the Big City. She has a great city style loft apartment and invited us to stay with her while we visited. We learned the ways of the subway(watch out for the rats...!), how to hail a cab...in the rain, and most importantly to haggle with the sellers on Canal St. What a blast and clearly so different from my everyday lifestyle here in Sebring, FL. We had a tour of NYU and the Dental School where Darlene will graduate from in the Spring; so proud of you girl! We had tea with black tapioca balls in it...weird, but good. We ate at some yumm-o places...TAO, The Coffee Shop, and Serendipity. And of course, we took the Sex and The City tour...awesome(we used to gather at Erin's in Tally for SATC)! Yes, we are old.
I had such a great time and feel so grateful for this opportunity to open up for me and actually have taken it! I appreciate my girlfriends and all they are doing. They are happy and growing in their beliefs, so awesome to witness! However, I love where I am in my life and wouldn't want to be anywhere else! Enjoy some photos.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment