My sweet daughter is at the tender age of 4 and wants nothing else but to be older like other children. She is testing her waters with what her Daddy and I expect of her and it isn't always fun. So here I sit feeling badly for her dramatically tearful in her room. I wish it felt better to know that sticking to my guns and being her parent and not her "friend." I suppose this is were all my Mama friends are saying, "nobody said it would be easy." And I guess this is when I think, " nothing of importance never is."
At a Women' conference a couple of Saturdays ago, Angela Thomas said something to us that has just hovered in my heart. She said, "we (parents) have been entrusted by God with these little children." There was more to that, but that is what resonated with me. I have to stick to my guns when it gets tough because He has entrusted me to these children that I and we prayed for. That is so huge to me.

OK, I'm better. Thanks for listening and you could go ahead and pray for me for the next time, I am sure it is coming...Ha!
You know that saying from Angela Thomas has stuck with me too. I will pray for your next time. ;) (just in case there is one) ;)
ReplyDeleteI can symphathize Jodi! I know it's a tough job. But what job could be more important? Keep your chin up! From one mama to another,
ReplyDeleteHeidi D.