Finally, a sense of accomplishment! And to think that I almost backed out on it. Bobby and I, along with several friends competed and completed the 2008 Heartland Triathlon...yahoo! We had a great time, rain(lots and lots of it)and all! Thank you to all of our spectators who endured the heat and downpour, all in the name of cheering us on! You guys rock!
Seriously, my knee gives me such a fit that I wasn't going to do it this year. I am grateful to have finished it and also to have shaved off some time from the very 1st tri that I completed last year. I have been having issues with my knee for a couple of years now. Only the end of last year did it actually start swelling on me. It is now August and after lots of pain and many Doctor's visits has it been discovered, through a good friend of ours, that we are looking at Arthritis. Yeah! I can't tell you how pleased I am to now know what it is that is causing such a snafu in my exercising regimen. Currently, I am not to run and my friend is rehabbing my knee with ultra sound and icing along with massage. Because of the swelling, I also have acquired a Baker's Cyst(pocket of fluid). This too is fixable. Ryan tells me that as long as I run, he will probably always have to be a part of my schedule... oh the things we do to feel good!
No comments:
Post a Comment