Saturday, August 16, 2008
Women's Conference
Back in June (OK, I fibbed), I went to a women's conference at BFC here in Sebring with my Mother-in-Law and a dear friend Heather J. Clark. This is the 2nd women's conference that I have attended at BFC and it again was wonderful! The women at this church do a phenomenal job of putting on a production and the speakers are truly captivating. I am always refreshed and feel renewed after a day of listening to the older and wiser women talking to me about "Mama-ing." Not that I live in doubt of this skill, but there are those days when all I do cry out to Jesus for help.
And after our conference, Heather and I were able to continue our day with some shopping and a great meal. Our Husbands are too kind! Heather and I have known each other since high school, but didn't truly bond until that first year in college in '93. Our Daddies grew up together as well, so we have a long bond between our families. Our children are now growing up together and it is so neat to me! Speaking of growing up, Heather and I are also growing. It is so awesome that she and I are walking through our lives growing together and with our families in Christ. We are very appreciative of these times we get to talk and grow together!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment